the good guys to do
Alboum is the only translation services agency specifically for nonprofits and mission-driven organizations. Our team provides the foundation for our reputation of excellent customer service and quality at affordable prices. We value the contributions of each of our team members are proud of our collaborative, team-oriented approach.
Our team of language service professionals is as dedicated, experienced and enthusiastic about their craft as our nonprofit clients are about their causes.
About the job
Account Managers play an essential role in Alboum’s ability to deliver on our brand promise. This role includes project management, but is focused on providing excellent client service and building client relationships. Account Managers on our interpretation team are responsible for day-to-day project management of interpretation assignments, as well as quoting new assignments and working to deepen relationships to grow their accounts.
Alboum prides itself on giving Account Managers the resources they need to do their jobs and do them well. As virtual interpretation is a new area of the language services industry, training on platforms will be provided. Account Managers are supported by our Director of Human Resources and Accounting Manager as well as the entire team.
Job Description (Client-Facing Tasks):
- Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned clients
- Receive and manage interpretation requests from start to finish, including quoting assignments, managing logistics, and liaising between linguists and clients
- Facilitate tech checks and provide client support for Zoom-based interpretations
- Provide client support for on-demand interpretation platform
- Liaise with the accounting manager on client invoice questions
- Monitor client news and communications online with the aim of deepening client relationships
- Monitor client activity and requests with the aim of proactively addressing anticipated client needs
Job Description (Internal and Interpreter-Facing Tasks):
- Make assignments to interpreters and provide background materials/links/logistical details as they become available
- Manage on-demand interpretation platform, including setting up client accounts, assigning and managing scheduled appointments, and tracking cancellations and changes
- Manage client and project details in Plunet
- Liaise with translation account management team as required
- Provide back-up support for other account managers as needed
Requirements for Position:
- +3 years in the language services industry or as a project manager in a comparable service industry
- Experience, education, or training in the various types of interpretation (preferred)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Keen attention to detail
- Customer-oriented personality
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and prioritize work
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of and experience with Plunet and BoostLingo is a plus
This is a full-time position. Applicants can be located anywhere in the world, but work hours are approximately 9 am – 5 pm EST.
No discrimination. Ever.
Alboum Translation Services is an equal opportunity employer; we strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by law.
Women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ+ community and other historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.