the good guys to do
Alboum is the only translation services agency specifically for nonprofits and mission-driven organizations. Our team provides the foundation for our reputation of excellent customer service and quality at affordable prices. We value the contributions of each of our team members are proud of our collaborative, team-oriented approach.
Our team of language service professionals is as dedicated, experienced and enthusiastic about their craft as our nonprofit clients are about their causes.
About the job
The Client Support Specialist works behind the scenes to facilitate project management. This role is focused on quoting projects for clients, assigning projects to linguists, and preparing translations for delivery. The Client Support Specialist empowers Alboum to deliver on our commitment to responsive customer service by offering extended service hours.
Alboum prides itself on giving our team members the resources they need to do their jobs and do them well. The Client Support Specialist is not expected to recruit resources or negotiate rates, manage profitability, or issue client invoices.
Job Description (Client-Facing Tasks):
- Monitor multiple team members’ inboxes for new projects or deliveries and confirmations from linguists
- Receive and facilitate translation requests, including quoting projects and delivering files or preparing them for delivery to clients
Job Description (Internal and Translator-Facing Tasks):
- Assign projects to translators, conduct quality control checks
- Interface with translators as necessary to review client feedback to achieve a quality, error-free final product
- Manage client and project details in Plunet
- Maintain client files in Google Drive
- Liaise with translators, DTP, and interpretations manager
- Provide back-up support for other account managers as needed
Requirements for Position:
- +3 years in the translation industry or as a project manager in a comparable service industry
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Reliable, committed to quality, and keen attention to detail
- Customer-oriented personality
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and prioritize work
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of and experience with Plunet and Trados
This is a full-time position. Applicants can be located anywhere in the world, but work hours are approximately 9 am – 5 pm EST.
No discrimination. Ever.
Alboum Translation Services is an equal opportunity employer; we strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by law.
Women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ+ community and other historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.