the good guys to do
Alboum is the only translation services agency specifically for nonprofits and mission-driven organizations. Our team provides the foundation for our reputation of excellent customer service and quality at affordable prices. We value the contributions of each of our team members are proud of our collaborative, team-oriented approach.
Our team of language service professionals is as dedicated, experienced and enthusiastic about their craft as our nonprofit clients are about their causes.
Desktop Publishers (DTPers) play an essential behind-the-scenes role at Alboum that enables us to deliver on our brand promise. DTPers are responsible for file preparation and post-DTP tasks using the appropriate software, allowing Alboum to deliver production-ready translated materials to support client needs. Alboum prides itself on giving our team the resources they need to do their jobs and do them well. DTPers report to the Design Manager.
Job Description (Operational Tasks):
- Prepare source files for translator work, extracting text from images, creating matching tables, and completing other formatting
- Complete post-translation multilingual typesetting and layout tasks
Requirements for Position:
- Graphic design degree or equivalent
- Advanced English level (both spoken and written)
- Advanced skills with MS Office (expert level in Word), InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and any other software related to Desktop Publishing services
- Knowledge of Abby FineReader and CAT tools such as SDL Trados Studio a plus
- Experience with or flexibility to learn new platforms such as Canva
- Flexibility to work an 8-hour schedule between 11 am – 9 pm Eastern Time
- Knowledge of and experience with DTP projects for right to left (RTL), Cyrillic script, and character-based languages
- Ability to multi-task, and strong organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to draw connections between projects, situations, and clients
Applicants can be located anywhere in the world, but must be available for an 8-hour shift that starts sometime between 11 am and 2 pm ET, adjusting hours when the US changes its clocks for Daylight Savings Time.
This is a full-time position. Alboum hires all team members as employees, not contractors.
No discrimination. Ever.
Alboum Translation Services is an equal opportunity employer; we strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by law.
Women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ+ community and other historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.