the good guys to do
Alboum is the only translation services agency specifically for nonprofits and mission-driven organizations. Our team provides the foundation for our reputation of excellent customer service and quality at affordable prices. We value the contributions of each of our team members are proud of our collaborative, team-oriented approach.
Our team of language service professionals is as dedicated, experienced and enthusiastic about their craft as our nonprofit clients are about their causes.
About the job
Every person on the Alboum team plays an essential role in our ability to deliver on our brand promise. The PM Client Support Specialist provides a great overview of the language services industry and is a good opportunity for an experienced project manager to take on additional work or someone looking to learn about the industry to gain perspective on which areas are of the greatest interest to them. This part-time, after-hours support role provides support across a number of areas, extending Alboum’s ability to provide optimal client service beyond traditional business hours. When things are quiet, this individual helps keep ongoing internal projects moving forward. Training is provided for all tasks, but the successful candidate must be comfortable learning new software platforms, as well as have a strong attention to detail and ability to pivot between tasks.
Daily tasks include:
- Monitor 10+ email inboxes for urgent matters requiring attention
- Respond to urgent matters
- Document tasks completed for hand-off to account managers
Translation-related tasks may include:
- Deliver completed translations
- Update client folders with delivered materials
- Quote new projects
- Assign projects to linguists
Interpretation-related tasks may include:
- Support client “tech checks” for virtual interpretations
- Invite and assign interpreters for upcoming appointments
Vendor Management-related tasks may include:
- Identify and review potential candidates or linguists
- Contact and interface with potential candidates or linguists
Requirements for Position:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Reliable, committed to quality, and keen attention to detail
- Customer-oriented personality
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to varying tasks and client needs/styles
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and prioritize work
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook and OneDrive
- Comfortable learning and navigating new software programs and applications
- Positive attitude
This is a remote, part-time position. Applicants can be located anywhere in the world, but work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 pm – midnight EST.
No discrimination. Ever.
Alboum Translation Services is an equal opportunity employer; we strictly prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression and any other characteristic protected by law.
Women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ+ community and other historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.